REGISTER FOR SURVIVING AND THRIVING: TRAUMA AND RESILIENCE BASICS TRAINING
Guest presenter: John Richardson-Lauve, Director of Mental Health and Lead Trauma and Resilience Educator, ChildSavers
What you can expect to learn:
1. Adverse Childhood Experiences and the impact on youth and adult mental and physical wellness.
2. The upstairs/downstairs brain model and basic interventions for consumers who are in “survival mode.”
3. How to respond to the need rather than reacting to the behavior and create effective responses to promote trauma healing, minimize re-traumatization, and increase positive behaviors.
4. How to promote self-regulation, positive self-identity, and co-regulation skills that are specific to the population they serve.
5. The Virtuous Cycle, the foundations for building Trauma Informed Communities, and the collective impact models of resilience that improve population health outcomes.
Register below for 1 of 2 FREE trainings on February 1, 2018 (Noon – 2 pm or 6:00 – 8:00 pm) at the Kazim Shrine Temple (628 Campbell Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016)
The 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm session is currently FULL.
CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE 6 – 8PM SESSION on Thursday, February 1 at Kazim Shrine Ballroom (628 Campbell Ave., Roanoke, VA 24016)
In Franklin County:
CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE 8:30 – 10:30 AM SESSION on Thursday, February 1 at The Gereau Center (150 Technology Drive, Rocky Mount, VA 24151)
SNOW DATE: Tuesday, February 20, 2018