Fashions for Evergreens Recap
On behalf of the United Way of Roanoke Valley and all of us at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, thank you all for a tremendous 2019 Fashions for Evergreens! Records were shattered in many places including: number of participants, total donations, highest online vote total, highest single tree donations raised and attendance!
- World Property Journal Named the Hotel Roanoke number 1 for the Top 5 Christmas Holiday Getaways in U.S. with Fashions for Evergreens as the main attraction
- More than 350,000 impressions through websites, press and social media
- More than 7,000 unique visitors to the Fashions for Evergreens Page on HotelRoanoke.com and our most popular web page during the holidays
- Estimate more than 12,000 in-person visitors to the hotel
- Event received more than 600 related social media posts with impressions estimated at upwards of 100,000 with so many being pictures of trees
- Instagram saw each tree at least once if not twice – more than 250 images of event itself were tracked thus far
- Big highlights to this year was welcoming the Virginia Tourism social media team in for an exclusive showcase of the event. Other efforts included media hits of the event with all local television stations multiple times, The Roanoke Times, WFIR960, Lynchburg News and Advance, countless blogs, Virginia Tourism. Fashions for Evergreens was once again named a Top Holiday Event in the Roanoke Region.
PUBLIC VOTE WINNERS:
Each year the public is asked to vote and this year they did smashing the previous record of $7,153! Once again in 2019, every participating tree received donations! 2019 also saw an organization raise the highest single total ever of more than $2,000.
Honorable Mentions: Susan G. Komen, Compassionate Friends of the Roanoke Valley, Fishburn Park Elementary, Greene Memorial United Methodist Church
PROFESSIONAL VOTE WINNERS:
Each year we have a panel of judges that decides the professional vote winner. There were three judges this year that were selected by our friends from the United Way of Roanoke Valley.
Honorable Mentions: WoodmenLife, Greene Memorial United Methodist Church
3rd Place: Blue Ridge PBS
2nd Place: Creative Occasions Florals & Fine Gifts
1st Place: Fishburn Park Elementary School